On the Mobile Application front, the programme helps students to:
- Achieve valuable industry inputs and insights into the process of creating cutting-edge mobile technology.
- Advance skills to independently analyze, design, develop, deploy, and troubleshoot mobile applications and services.
- Market Growth Potential & Opportunities in Web Technology, the rising wave of e-Commerce has fuelled the need for organizations to establish their online presence. This has led to the emergence of sound web technologies as an important organizational priority. Organizations are recruiting internal web technologists or employing external agencies to dish out professional and functional websites and applications for them. In this scenario, therefore, web technology has gained immense prominence in India as a career option.
Market Growth Potential of Mobile Application:
- By 2017, it is expected that over 268 billion downloads will generate $77 billion worth of revenue for the mobile app industry. (Source: University of Alabama).
- Further, worldwide mobile advertising revenue is expected to grow by 400% between 2011 and 2016. (Source: University of Alabama).
- Currently, India has the third largest Internet user base in the world. Further, the number of users who access the Internet on their mobile is expected to double by 2017. (IAMAI)
- The student will be able to master the practical and theoretical aspects of virtualization technologies, cloud technologies, data centers, networking and operating systems
- The student will gain valuable industry inputs and insights in the above areas
- The student will be able to implement basic cloud-based solutions, configure basic networks and operating system, and demonstrate functional knowledge of Windows Azure and Amazon cloud services.
- Experienced faculty from the industry and academia
- Internship opportunities in India’s top metro cities.
According to a report from CEO network Technet, the mobile app industry has created close to 446,000 jobs in America now as opposed to almost zero five years ago.
Meanwhile, IAMAI President, Subho Roy, predicted that 20 million mobile app developers will be required in India alone by 2020. Currently, there are 50,000 to 70,000 developers in the country.