Admission to PhD Programme 2017-18
The Assam Kaziranga University Ph.D.Programmefor the current Academic Year (2016-17) i.e. from July 2016.
Full Time Ph.D. Candidates:
A person enrolled in Ph.Dprogramme and who devotes his/her full time for research activities in the University.
Available disciplines with number of vacancies in bracket
- Chemistry (02)
- Physics (01)
- Electronics and Communication Engineering (02)
- Mechanical Engineering (02)
- Computer Science and Engineering (02)
- Information Technology (01)
- Computing Science (01)
- Mathematics (01)
Eligibility criteria for the candidates to apply for the Ph.DProgramme: M.E./M.Tech/MSc.or its equivalent with a minimum of 60% aggregate or equivalent grade point. 5% relaxation for SC/ST and persons with special abilities.
The guidelines for admissions for Ph.Dprogramme are as follows.
- Candidates shall be admitted in the Ph.Dprogramme based on merit in written test and interview
- Qualifying candidates will be required to take an Entrance Test, Kaziranga University Eligibility and Scholastic Test for Research, KUEST (R) followed by the Interview on the date.
Candidates who have cleared NET-JRF/LS of CSIR-UGC/GATE cleared in last 2 years in the relevant subject will get preference and shall be exempted from KURAT. They will however require to appear for the Personal Interview.
The KUEST(R) will comprise of two sections for which the candidate will be given three hours to answer.
Section 1 shall be common to all the Applicants for testing the General Knowledge & Research Aptitude, covering questions from following areas and will carry 100 marks (in four sub sections of 25 marks each):
- General Awareness
- English Language
- Logical Reasoning
- Quantitative Data Analysis and Interpretation
Section 2 shall be Program / Subject Specific i.e. as per proposed area of Research / Knowledge area of the applicant (viz Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Information Technology, Chemistry, Physics). This section will carry 100 marks and will comprise of following sub sections of 50 marks each:
- PhD Programme (research interest area)
- Knowledge / subject.
Personal Interview will carry 100 marks.
The overall merit will be calculated out of 300 marks (Section 1, Section 2 & PI)
At the time of the interview: candidates are required to bring a research proposal, not exceeding 300 words, which will describe
- Area of study chosen for research
- Aelevance of the proposed research
- Reason for the candidate’s interest in this area
The Prescribed Fees for Ph.D. Programmes is as following
- Admission Fes : Rs 10,000/-
- Caution Money : Rs. 10,000/- (Refundable)
- Thesis fees : Rs.10,000/-
- Academic Fee : Nil
Financial assistantship: Fellowship of Rs 10,000/- per month and semi-furnished accommodation on shared basis shall be offered to selected candidates.
- Last date of receipt of Application: 20th June 2016
- Date of KUEST (R) and Interview: 4th July 2016
- Date of Admission: 20th July 2016