INTERNAL QUALITY ASSURANCE CELL (IQAC)
The Assam Kaziranga University has taken initiatives to proceed with the intent of participating in assessment and accreditation process formulated by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC). To achieve this endeavour, it is of vital importance for the university to establish an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) that acts as a catalyst to imbibe the excellence in quality as a culture.
IQAC will also facilitate to devise ways and means of collecting the data on our performance, delivery and innovative strategies to enhance and sustain the quality of organizational operations. Effective functioning of IQAC will eventually lead to the achievement of the quality parameters prescribed in the overall activities and operations of the university and add to the overall value of the university in the professionally growing society around us.
OBJECTIVES OF IQAC:
As stated through guidelines, the objectives of IQAC are:
- To develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution.
- To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
ROLE OF IQAC
- Ensuring timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic, administrative and financial tasks.
- Relevant and quality academic/ research programmes.
- Equitable access to and affordability of academic programmes for various sections of society.
- Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching and learning;
- The credibility of assessment and evaluation process.
- Ensuring the adequacy, maintenance and proper allocation of support structure and services.
- Sharing of research findings and networking with other institutions in India and abroad.
FUNCTIONS OF IQAC
Achievement of academic excellence is possible only through virtue of quality enhancement measures chartered towards the optimum operational effectiveness of the institution. As highlighted in the guidelines, IQAC will have the following broad functions:
- Develop and monitor the application of quality benchmarks.
- Parameters for the various academic and administrative activities of the University.
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conductive for quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process.
- Collection and analysis of feedback responses from students, parents, employers, teachers and alumni on quality-related institutional processes and preparation of action taken report.
- Disseminationof information on the various quality parameters of teaching and research and education etc.,
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles.
- Documentation of the various programmes / activities of the HEI, leading to quality improvement.
- Acting as a nodal agency of the University for coordinating with all quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of best
- Development and maintenance of Institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining, enhancing the institutional quality.
- Periodical conduct of Academic and Administrative Audit and its follow-up.
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) of the University based on the quality parameters / assessment criteria developed by the relevant quality assurance body (like NAAC, NIRF) in the prescribed format (post accreditation).
COMPOSITION OF THE IQAC:
To spearhead the exercise of assessment and accreditation through NAAC, the IQAC in the university is constituted under the Chairmanship of the Head of the institution with heads of important academic and administrative units, a few teachers, a few distinguished educationists and representatives of local management and stakeholders.
The composition of the IQAC may be as follows:
Table of members list should be displayed here
MINUTES OF IQAC:
- Link for the notice from the office of VC
IQAC MEETING SPECIFICS:
- Link for the Meeting in 2021
- Link for the Meeting in 2022
ACCREDITATIONS, RECOGNITIONS, RANKINGS AND RATINGS
- Link for the UGC “2f” status
- Link for the PCI approval letter
- Link for the AICTE Approval letter
- Link for NIRF ranking 2018
- Link for NIRF ranking 2019
- Link for NIRF ranking 2020
- Link for NIRF ranking 2021