Students are requested to ensure that they read and are sure about the following points before leaving their home country:
- The Assam Kaziranga University is located in the city of Jorhat (Assam). The University is 20 kms from Jorhat Airport and 15 kms from Jorhat Railway Station. Another railway head Mariani Junction is 33 kms away.
- For students travelling from countries that require a Visa, you must book your tickets after procuring a Valid Student Visa from the Indian Embassy/ High Commission/ Consulate in your home country.
- Make sure that you have taken all required vaccinations like: Yellow Fever, Typhoid Vaccine, Hepatitis Vaccine, etc. to avoid medical complications while you are in India. Students are required to produce a Medical Report on arrival.
- Make sure you inform the International Relation Office of the University for Pick-up at least two week prior to arrival and provide complete details of travel. Pick-up is provided free of cost to students traveling to the University for the first time only.
- Make sure you carry the original, copies of certificates/degrees and 10 passport size photographs along with the Admission Letter issued by the University.
- You can carry all your money in form of Travellers-Cheque, which can easily redeemed at the airport as well as a number of foreign exchange offices and banks or you can use International Debit / Credit Cards.
- Temperature ranges between 28 to 35 degrees Celsius during summers and 15 to 25 degrees Celsius during winters. The winter season starts around November so the warm material (blankets, quilts, woolens, etc.) must be brought accordingly.
- Whilst everything is available in India, however try to get all that you would require during the initial few days. All the essentials can be availed from the markets available around a range of 16 km from University Campus.
- The electric standard in India works on 240 V. So, ensure that you have an adapter for your mobile or laptop if it operates on a different voltage in your country. Also the electric sockets are 2 or 3 pin so ensure that you carry a converter in case required.