Research & Publications
PhD Awarded/Registered Candidates
DR. JAYANTA KUMAR SHARMA, DEAN - KUSBS & PROFESSOR OF CHEMISTRY
Nanotechnology in Medicine; ISBN: 978-93-5067-394-2. Frontiers in Life Sciences (Reference Book), 2013. Awarded Best Article in Life Sciences. Author: Jayanta K Sarmah et.al; Kaziranga University.
Biodegradable Guar Gum Nanoparticles asCarrier for Tamoxifen Citrate in Treatmentof Breast Cancer 2014, Doi10.4236/jbnb.2014.54026
Effect of administration of tamoxifen citrate on xanthene oxidase activity of liver during 3- methylcholanthrene induced carcinogenesis in female albino mice Biology and Medicine, 2012, 4:3, 111-116
Decreased aryl hydrocarbon hydroxylase activity in liver tissue during Tamoxifen citrate treatment in 3-methylcholanthrene induced carcinogenesi International Journal of Pharmacy and Biological Sciences, 2012 and 2:1, 231-237
Sustained release lopinavir loaded nanoparticles: preparation and characterization,Research Journal of Contemporary Concerns: ISSN 0972 - 7922 (Cotton College Research Council), 8, 107-111, 2013.
Nanoparticulate systems for improved drug delivery: Preparative methods and Characterizations, Invited Article in DELVE, 2014, Research Journal of Nowgong College
Conference Proceedings / Workshop / Seminars
Direct observation of 2D crystallization at Air/Water Interface by Brewster Angle Microscope; Poster Ref: MT1012, S Kumar, K Dhabi, J K Sarmah, A Goswami and D O Shah; Poster accepted in Materials Today Virtual Conference: Frontiers of Microscopy, 2013, held during 26-28th April, 2013, UK.
Editing / Reviewing of journals
Food Research International; Publisher: Elsevier, IF: 3.549
Dove Medical Press Journals: International Journal of Nanomedicine; IF: 3.13
Advances in Nanoparticles; Publisher: Scientific Research Publisher, IF: Awaited
Current Drug Delivery; Publisher: Bentham Science Publisher, IF: Awaited
International Journal of Engineering Research and Technology, Publisher: ESRSA, IF: Awaited
Highlights of Teaching and Research Works:
Courses taught at the PG Level:
- Non - Equillibrium Thermodynamics, Statistical Thermodynamics, Macromolecules, Chemical Dynamics and Electrochemistry, Catalysis, Surface Phenomena, Chemistry of Materials, Quantum Chemistry, Chemical Biology,
Courses taught at the UG Level:
- Solid State, Chemical Thermodynamics, Reaction Kinetics and Catalysis, Electrochemistry, Phase Rule, Catalysis, Adsorption, Macromolecules, Colloids, Chemical Bonding.
- MSc Thesis Guided: 13
- MTech Thesis Jointly Guided: 2
- Dean, School of Basic Sciences, KU, since January’2016 till date.
- Chairman, Board of Studies, School of Basic Sciences, KU, January’2016 till date.
- Director of Student Affairs, KU, 2013 till date.
- Member, VC’s Executive Committee, KU, February’2016 till date.
- Member of Disciplinary Committee, KU, May’2012 till date.
- Faculty Coordinator of Admissions, KU, May’2012 till date.
- Member of Career Development and Placement Cell (CDPC), KU, Aug’2015 till date.
- Member of Purchase Committee, KU, 2013 till date.
- Warden, Boys Hostel, May’2012 till date.
- Member, Anti-Ragging Committee, KU, July’2013 till date.
- Associate Dean, School of Basic Sciences, KU, Aug’2014 to Dec’2015.
- Head of Department of Chemistry, School of Basic Sciences, KU, 2015-2016.
- Member of Academic Council, KU, 2012-2013.
- Coordinator, I and II Convocation of KU, 2014-2015.
- Member of Research Council, KU, 2012-2014.
- Chairman, KU Annual Fest, 2013 till date.
- Chairman of all clubs of KU, 2013 till date.
- As a KU Representative, visited ABAC, Bangkok and UTCC, Bangkok for student and faculty exchange programs and Student Immersion programs, June’2015.
- Visited and sought permission from UGC-DAE CSR, Kolkata Centre for collaborative research proposals, students summer projects, January’2016
- Established collaboration with the Department of Surface Physics and Material Science, SINP for students summer projects,, January’2016
- Visited Department of Material Science, IACS, Kolkata for possible collaboration for students summer projects, faculty collaboration for joint research proposal.
- National thematic workshop on ‘Advances in Nanostructured Materials: Applications and Perspectives’ to be organized in 1-2nd June’2016.
- Organized 21st National Conference of Indian Colleges Forum(ICF) on “Challenges of Development of Higher Education through Public and Private Initiatives” 23rd – 25th April, 2015.
- Organized a workshop on Hands on Techniques of Molecular Biology and Bioinformatics for PG Students in association with the Institutional Biotech Hubs, Cotton College, April’ 2016.
- Co-Convener of a workshop on Indian Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) Capacity Building Program conceived by Internet Society (ISOC) Kolkata Chapter and approved by DeitY, Government of India, Feb’ 2016
- Organized an invited talk by Padma Shri (Professor) Jai Pal Mittal, Scientist, DAE Raja Ramanna Fellow of Bhabha Atomic Research Centre and Distinguished Professor, National Academy of Sciences, 18th March’2016.
- Organized an invited talk by Dr A Saha, Scientist F, UGC-DAE, CSR, Kolkata Centre at KU, 2015.
- Organized an invited talk on "Recent advances in Computational Drug design" by R Raghu, VP, Schrodinger, Inc USA, 9th Nov’2015
- Coordinated a joint workshop of Kaziranga University and ISI, Kolkata, 2015.
- Coordinated an event ‘Dewang Mehta Felicitation of toppers to recognize academic excellence in engineering’ on 21st August 2015.
- Coordinated a Leadership Programme for Principals of CBSE affiliated school under Guwahati Region 15-19th Sept’2014.
- Organized an invited talk by Dr D Chakravarty, Emeritus Professor, IIT Bombay at KU in 2015.
- Coordinated an event ‘KU Talent Search’ for school childrens (10-12th Std), 2013
Member of Professional Bodies:
- Member of American Chemical Society (ACS).
- Co-Chairman of the Mega Cultural Event the ‘Winter Festival’ of KU 2015- 2016.
- Coordinated the Great Save Rhino Walkathon of KU as per of its CSR activity during the year 2012 and 2013.
- Organized Blood Donation Camp in association with the LIONS CLUB Jorhat during 2013 and 2015.
List of Publications:
- Effect of Blend of Span 80 and Tween 80 on size of paclitaxel loaded nanoparticles, Poster presented in MRSI North East Symposium on Advanced Materials for Sustainable Applications, 2016
- PEGylated guar gum based nanocarrier as a controlled delivery system, paper presented in 61st Annual Technical Session of Assam Science Society, 2016
- Nanotechnology in Medicine; ISBN: 978-93-5067-394-2. Frontiers in Life Sciences (Reference Book), 2013. Awarded Best Article in Life Sciences.
- Biodegradable Guar Gum Nanoparticles as Carrier for Tamoxifen Citrate in Treatment of Breast Cancer, 5(4), 2014
- Preparation of cross-linked guar gum nanospheres containing tamoxifen citrate by single step emulsion in situ polymer cross-linking method, Journal of Inclusion Phenomena and Macrocyclic Chemistry, 65: 3-4, 329-334, 2009. Link: DOI 10.1007/s10847-009-9589-7.
- Controlled release of tamoxifen citrate encapsulated in cross-linked guar gum nanoparticles.; International Journal of Biological Macromolecules, 49, 390– 396, 2011. Link: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ijbiomac.2011.05.020
- In-vitro cytotoxicity analysis of tamoxifen citrate loaded crosslinked guar gum nanoparticles on Jurkat (human T-cell leukemia) cell line JDDT, 2(2), 2012.
- Recent Inventions in Biodiesel Production and Processing – A Review, Recent Patent on Engineering 2, 47-58, 2008
- Parametric study on transesterification process for biodiesel production from Pongamia pinnata and Jatropha curcus oil, International Energy Journal, 9(1), 2008.
- Effect of administration of tamoxifen citrate on xanthene oxidase activity of liver during 3- methylcholanthrene induced carcinogenesis in female albino mice, Biology and Medicine,4:3, 111-116, 2012.
- Decreased aryl hydrocarbon hydroxylase activity in liver tissue during Tamoxifen citrate treatment in 3-methylcholanthrene induced carcinogenesis, International Journal of Pharmacy and Biological Sciences, 2:1, 231-237, 2012.
- Sustained release lopinavir loaded nanoparticles: preparation and characterization, RJCC: ISSN 0972 - 7922, 8, 107-111, 2013.
- Nanoparticulate systems for improved drug delivery: Preparative methods and Characterizations, Invited Article in DELVE, 2014.
- HPLC determination of ampicillin in pharmaceutical formulations, RJCC, 7, 49, 2009
- Preparation and characterisation of guar gum based nanoparticles for controlled drug delivery, Indian Journal of Clinical Biochemistry, 22(suppl), 468, 2007.
- Comparison of solvent extraction process in conventional and modified soxhlet apparatus from seeds of pongamia pinnata, INTERNATIONAL ENERGY JOURNAL, 2010.
- Direct observation of 2D crystallization at Air/Water Interface by Brewster Angle Microscope; Materials Today Virtual Conference: Frontiers of Microscopy, UK 2013.
- Modification of Pressurized Kerosene Stove into Steam Injected Stove, ICAER,IIT Bombay, 2007.
- “Effect of glutaraldehyde cross-linking on in-vitro release characteristics of biodegradable guar gum nanoparticles, International Conference on Perspective and Challenges in Chemical and Biological Sciences: Innovation crossroads, IASST, 2012.
- In-vitro effects of chemically cross-linked guar gum nanoparticles on proliferation of human T-cell leukemia cell line, Jurkat cells, 57th Annual Technical Session of Assam Science Society, GU, 2012
- Development of biodegradable polymer based tamoxifen citrate loaded nanoparticles and effect of some process parameters on them: a physicochemical evaluation, Recent Aspects Chemistry Education and Research, GU, 2012
- Guar gum: A natural polysaccharide for preparation of nanoparticulate anticancer drug delivery system and for controlled release of the drug, National Seminar on Recent Trends in Phytochemical & Phytopharmaceutical Research and Future Prospects, GU, 2010
Seminars and Workshops Attended:
- International Seminar on Bioresources and Human Sustenance, Zoological Society of Assam, 2011.
- Attended as a resource person in Bioinformatics and Techniques of Molecular Biology, Zoological Society of Assam, 2009
- Seminar-Cum-Workshop on GCMS system, Forensic Science Laboratory, Govt. of Assam, Guwahati, 2009
- Bioinformatics for Research Scholars and Teachers Involved in Undergraduate Teaching in Life Science and Biotechnology, Bioinformatics Infrastructure Facility Centre, Cotton College, Guwahati, 2009.
- National Workshop cum Seminar on Bio Diesel for the North Eastern Region ( Dr. A.P.J. Kalam, the Hon. President of India, inaugurated the seminar.), NEDFI, Guwahati, Assam, 2006.
- National Seminar on Energy Technologies-Strategies for Optimal Utilization of Natural Resources, 22nd National Convention of Mechanical Engineers on Resources, The Institution of Engineers (India), 2006.
DR. MAITREYEE S. BEZBARUA, PROFESSOR OF CHEMISTRY PUBLICATIONS
Articles in Journal
- A new method for the synthesis of substituted 3-amino-1,2,4-triazole; Maitreyee Sarma Bezbarua and J. C.S. Kataky; Indian Journal Of Heterocyclic Chemistry , 23(2014), 425-428
- Benzylation of Naphthols Using Al-NiCl2.6H2O System; Maitreyee Sarma Bezbarua and Anurag Dutta (Master’s Student of KU), International Journal of Research in Pure and Applied Chemistry 3(1): 1-3, 2014
- A convenient and selective method for preparation of enol acetates from ketones using Montmorillonite KSF clay. Biswajit Kalita, Maitreyee Sarma Bezbarua,Nabin C. Barua; Synthetic communications 32, 2002, 3181-3184.
- Synthesis of 2-nitroalcohols by regioselective ring opening of epoxides with MgSO4/MeOH/NaNO2 system. A short synthesis of immunosuppressive agent FTY-720. Biswjit Kalita, Nabin C. Barua, Maitreyee Sarma Bezbarua, Ghanashyam Bez; Synlett, 9, 2001, 1411-1414.
- A short enantioselective synthesis of both 2, 7-dimethyl-1,6-dioxaspiro[4.6]undecane and 2,7-diethyl-1,6-dioxa [4,6] undecane using functionalized nitroalkane synthons. Ghanashyam Bez ,Maitreyee Sarma Bezbarua, Anil K Saikia, Nabin C.Barua.Synthesis 2000, 537-540.
- A facile procedure for the conversion of nitroolelifines to carbonyl compounds using the Al-NiCl2. 6H2O-THF system. Maitreyee Sarma Bezbarua, Ghanashyam Bez and Nabin C. Barua; Chemistry letters, 325, 1999.
- An efficient synthesis of open chain nitroalcohols by regioselective ring opening of cyclic tert-b-nitroalcohols by sodium borohydride: Short synthesis of tridecan-12-olide and 9-tetradecanolide. Ghanashyam Bez ,Anil K Saikia, Maitreyee Sarma Bezbarua, Nabin C. Barua Indian journal of chemistry, vol 37B, 1998, 325-330.
- Goat Liver Lipase: An efficient Biocatalyst for for Enantioselective Transesterification of secondary Alcohols using Vinyl Acetate as Acyl donor. Anil K Saikia, Ghanashyam Bez ,Maitreyee Sarma Bezbarua, Nabin C. Barua, J. Indian Chem. Soc., Vol 74, 1997, pp-945-947.
- A short Enantioselective Formal Synthesis of Methyl (S)-(-)-6, 8- Dihydroxyoctanoate: A key intermediate for the synthesis of R-(+)-alfa-Lipoic acid. Maitreyee Sarma Bezbarua, Anil K. Saikia, Nabin C. Barua and Anil C. Ghosh; Synthesis, 1289, 1996.
- Direct synthesis of Keto nitroaliphatics via Retro-Henry reaction of cyclic 2-nitroalcohols by anhydrous copper sulphate adsorbed on silica gel. A Short synthesis of Phoracantholide I. Anil K. Saikia, Monoj. J.Hajarika, Maitreyee Sarma Bezbarua, ,Nabin C. Barua , Ram P. Sharma and Anil C. Ghosh, Synthesis, 981,1996.
An ecofriendly and economical process for the synthesis of arteether, artemether etc from commercial artemisinin. Indian patent NF/125/00. Nabin C. Barua, Maitreyee Sarma Bezbarua and J.C. Sharma.
List of conference papers:
- A new green synthetic method for Henry reaction using ‘Water extract of Banana’, Ankuran Borboruah, Anurag Dutta, Maitreyee S Bezbarua, Prasanta J Gautam, National Symposium on Natural Products: Prospects & Prospectives (NPPP-2016)
- Silver Nanoparticles: A green synthetic methodology using natural products stabilizers, Pikumani Deka, Sunayana Bharali, Maitreryee S Bezbarua*, Prasanta J Goutam*, National Conference on “Contemporary Developments in Chemical Sciences (CDCS-2015)”Department of Chemical Sciences, Tezpur University, Assam
- Development of synthetic methodology, optimization, process development and process validation of a Quinoline based scaffold: Challenges and solutions, Maitreyee Sarma Bezbarua, National Conference on “Contemporary Developments in Chemical Sciences (CDCS-2015)”Department of Chemical Sciences, Tezpur University, Assam . Invited Talk
- A Novel Reductive Cyclization of 2,dinitrostyrene using Al-NiCl2.6H2O system for synthesis of Indole derivative; Anurag Dutta, Ghanashyam Bez, Maitreyee Sarma Bezbarua*, 8 th Mid-Year Chemical Research Society of India (CRSI), National Symposium in Chemistry, NEIST, Jorhat, Assam July 10-12, 2014
- C-alkylation of b- naphthol using Al-NiCl2.6H2O system ,Anurag Dutta, Maitreyee Sarma Bezbarua.National Seminar on recent trends in fundamental and applied chemical sciences, Dibrugarh University, Assam, November 19-21, 2014
- Benzylation of Indole using Al-NiCl2.6H2O System, Anurag Dutta, gaurav Paul and Maitreyee Sarma Bezbarua, An international conference on Recent Advances in Chemistry (REACH), North Eastern Hill University, Shillong, Meghalaya, March 3-5,2015
- C-alkylation of b- naphthol using Al-NiCl2.6H2O system ,Anurag Dutta, Maitreyee Bezbarua,National Seminar on recent trends in fundamental and applied chemical sciences, Dibrugarh University, Assam, November 19-21, 2014
- Benzylation of Indole using Al-NiCl2.6H2O System, Anurag Dutta, gaurav Paul and Maitreyee Sarma Bezbarua, An international conference on Recent Advances in Chemistry (REACH), North Eastern Hill University, Shillong, Meghalaya, March 3-5, 2015
R&D projects submitted for funding:
- Isolation of Steroid and Steroidal Intermediate from Naturally Abundant Medicinal Plants in NER of India, Submitted to: North Eastern Council, The Science and Technology department, Govt. of India, Shillong. Jointly Submitted By, Dr. J C S Kataky , Dr. Maitreyee S Bezbarua, Department of Chemistry, School of Basic Science ,Assam Kaziranga University
Academic Research Experience:
- Doctoral Research
Topic: Some Aspects of the chemistry of cyclic alfa nitro ketones with special emphasis on the synthesis of biologically active compounds. (CSIR, NEIST, JORHAT, 1992-1998)
- Post Doctoral Research
Topic: study of Goat liver Lipase as efficient biocatalyst for Enantioselective Transesterification of secondary alcohols using Vinyl Acetate as Acyl donor. (CSIR, NEIST, 1998-2000)
Industrial Research Experience:
- Associate Research Scientist, Zydus Cadila Research Centre Ahmadabad, India(2000-2002)
- Research Scientist, Chembiotek Research International P. Ltd. Salt Lake, Kolkata, India (2002-2004)
- Senior Research Scientist, Chembiotek Research International P. Ltd. Salt Lake, Kolkata (2004-2006)
- Group Leader Scientist, Jubilant Chemsys Limited ,Noida, India, UP,(2006-2008)
- Principal Scientist, Jubilant Chemsys Limited, Noida, India, UP,(2008-2011)
- Senior Principal Scientist, Jubilant Chemsys Limited, Noida, India, UP,(2011-2012)
- Area of Expertise: Medicinal chemistry, Synthetic organic chemistry, drug discovery and development, combinatorial chemistry, synthesis and process development for novel molecules etc
- Associate Professor in Chemistry, Assam Kaziranga University, (2012-14)
- Professor in Chemistry, Assam Kaziranga University, (2014-16)
- Dean, School of Basic Sciences, Assam Kaziranga University, (August 2014-Jan 2016)
- Warden, Girl’s Hostel, Assam Kaziranga University, (August 2012 to till date)
- Research Director and Consultancy, Assam Kaziranga University (2016 Jan to till date)
DR. NABAJYOTI SAIKIA, ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR OF CHEMISTRY BOOK PUBLISHED
De Brito J. and N. Saikia (2012). Recycled Aggregate in Concrete: Use of Industrial, Construction and Demolition Waste. Springer London, ISBN-10: 1447145399, ISBN-13: 978-1447145394 (November 2012) (included in the list of reference/suggested booksof a course, entitled, "Concrete Engineering and Technology", National Program on Technology Enhanced Learning, NPTEL- E-learning courses from the IITS &IISc and co-ordinated by IIT Kanpur, Funded by Ministry of HRD, Govt. of India).
Papers Published in Journal
Saikia N.,Mertens G., Van Ballen K., Elsen J., Vandecastelee C., Van GerVen T. (2014). Pre-treatment of municipal solid waste incineration (MSWI) bottom ash for utilization in cement mortar. (Submitted).
Saikia N. and De Brito J. (2014). Mechanical performance and abrasion behaviour of concrete containing recycled polyethylene terephthalate (PET) as a partial substitution of natural aggregate. Construction and Building Materials, 52(2): 236-244.
Silva R.V., De Brito J. and N. Saikia (2013). Influence of curing conditions on the durability-related performance of concrete made with selected plastic waste aggregates. Cement and Concrete Composites 35 (1): 23-31
Saikia, N. and De Brito J. (2013). Waste polyethylene terephthalate as an aggregate in concrete. Materials Research, 16(2) 341-350
. Saikia, N., Kato, S. and T. Kojima (2012). Influence of Sn on the hydration of tricalcium aluminate, Ca3Al2O6. Journal of Thermal Analysis and Calorimetry, 109 (1): 273-286.
Saikia, N., Cornelis, G., Cisar, O., Vandecasteele, C., Van Gemert, D., Van Balen, K. and T. Van Gerven (2012). Use of Pb blast furnace slag as a partial substitute for fine aggregate in cement mortar. Journal of Material Cycles and Waste Management, 14 (2) 102 - 112.
Saikia, N. and De Brito J. (2012). Use of plastic waste as aggregate in cement mortar and concrete preparation: A review. Construction and Building Materials, 34: 385-401 (included in the list of most downloaded papers, from June, 2012-till date).
Ferreira, L., De Brito, J. and N. Saikia (2012). Influence of curing conditions on the mechanical performance of concrete containing recycled plastic aggregate. Construction and Building Materials, 36: 196-204.
Ferreira, L., De Brito, J. and N. Saikia (2012). Influencia das condicoes de cura no desempenho mecanico de betoes com agregados de reciclados de plastico. Teoria e Pratica na Engenharia Civil, 12 (19) (May): 49-61, (in Portuguese).
DR. JYOTI PRASAD GOGOI, ASSISTANT PROFESSOR OF PHYSICS PAPERS PRESENTED IN CONFERENCES / WORKSHOPS / SEMINARS
1. Influence of Dielectric and Magnetic Properties on Single Layered Nickel Zinc Ferrite/ Bamboo Charcoal/ Titania Composite for Microwave Absorption, National Seminar on Current Trends in Physics Research, Darrang College, 2014.
2. Design and Fabrication of Perforated Microwave Absorber based on EG-NPR Composite for Applications in Wireless Electronic Devices, International Conference on Emerging Trends in Electronics, Electrical and Computing Technologies (ETEECT), Oct-2014, New Delhi, India.
- Single layer microwave absorber based on expanded graphite-novolac phenolic resin composite for X-band applications' Composites: Part B Vol. 58 pp. 518-523, (2014) *(submitted while working at Tezpur University, and published after joining Kaziranga University).
- Expanded Graphite - Phenolic Resin Composites based Double Layer Microwave Absorber for X-band Applications, Journal of Applied Physics (under review).
- “Dielectric Characterization and Microwave Absorption of Expanded Graphite Integrated Polyaniline Multiphase Nanocomposites in X-Band"Utpal Jyoti Mahanta; Jyoti Prasad Gogoi; Dipangkar Borah; Nidhi Saxena Bhattacharyya, IEEE Transactions on Dielectrics and Electrical Insulation (Accepted).
- Coauthored in “A review on porous polymer composite materials for multifunctional electronic applications” Polymer-Plastics Technology and Engineering 2018, VOL. 00, NO. 00, 1–41.
Publications in Refereed International Journals:
- Synthesis and microwave characterization of expanded graphite/novolac phenolic resin composite for microwave absorber applications” J. Composites Part B: Engineering, Vol.42 pp.1291–1297, (2011)
- Single layer microwave absorber based on expanded graphite–novolac phenolic resin composite for X-band applications” Composites: Part B Vol. 58 pp. 518–523, 2014
- Synthesis of expanded graphite filled polyaniline composites and evaluation of their electrical and electrochemical properties”, Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Electronics Vol 22, Issue 8, pp 1154-1161, August 2011
- Expanded Graphite - Phenolic Resin Composites based Double Layer Microwave Absorber for X-band Applications, Journal of Applied Physics: 116, 204101 (2014)
Publications in International Conference Proceedings:
- Ni0.5Zn0.5Fe2O4/ Bamboo Charcoal/Titania LDPE Composites as viable Microwave Absorbing Materials” IEEE proc. AEMC 2009, Kolkata, doi:10.1109/AEMC.2009.5430638
- Microwave absorbing properties of CoFe2O4/ bamboo charcoal/titania –LDPE polymer composite”, IEEE proc. AEMC 2009, Kolkata doi: 10.1109/AEMC.2009.5430636
- EMI shielding characteristics of expanded graphite/novolac phenolic resin composite for applications in wireless communication”, IEEE proc. ICDeCOM-2011, BIT Mesra, doi: 10.1109/ICDECOM.2011.5738512
- Microwave Characterization of Expanded Graphite/Phenolic Resin Composite for Strategic Applications” Progress In Electromagnetics Symposium-2012 Kaula Lumpur, Malaysia
- Expanded Graphite/Novolac Phenolic Resin Composite as Single Layer Electromagnetic Wave Absorber for X-Band Applications,” Proc. of SPIE Vol. 8760 876005-1, 2013
- Microwave absorption properties of graphite flakes-phenolic resin composite,” Proc. of SPIE Vol. 8760 87600K-1, 2013
- Study of LDPE/Al2O3 composite material as substrate for microstrip antenna,” Proc. of SPIE Vol. 8760 876020-1, 2013
- Design and Fabrication of Perforated Microwave Absorber based on EG-NPR Composite for Applications in Wireless Electronic Devices, International Conference on Emerging Trends in Electronics, Electrical and Computing Technologies (ETEECT), New Delhi, 2014
Publication in National conferences
- Influence of Dielectric and Magnetic Properties on Single Layered Nickel Zinc Ferrite/Bamboo Charcoal/ Titania Composite for Microwave Absorption, Current Trends in Physics Research (NSCTPR-2014), Darrang College, Tezpur
- Design optimization of triple layer Microwave Absorber based on Expanded Graphite - Phenolic Resin Composites for X-band Applications, Recent trends and future scope of computer science and electronics Dec 2015, USTM, Meghalaya
- Barium Strontium Hexa-Ferrite-LLDPE Composite Based Microwave Absorber Recent trends and future scope of computer science and electronics Dec 2015, USTM, Meghalaya
- Flexible microwave absorber based on EG-LLDPE composites, Recent trends and future scope of computer science and electronics Dec 2015, USTM, Meghalaya
- Biopolymer Composites for Electromagnetic Interference Shielding; Book title: Biopolymer Composites in Electronics, Elsevier (accepted)
International Conferences presented:
- IEEE Applied Electromagnetics Conference and URSI Commission B Meeting, Kolkata (INDIA), December, 2009.
- International Conference on Devices and Communications (ICDeCom), BIT Mesra (India) February, 2011.
- Progress In Electromagnetics Research Symposium 2012, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- International Conference on Communication and Electronics System Design (ICCESD-2013), Jaipur
- International Conference on Emerging Trends in Electronics, Electrical and Computing Technologies (ETEECT-2014), New Delhi, India
National Conferences/Workshop attended:
- National Conference on Theoretical Physics, Tezpur University, 2013
- National Seminar on Current Trends in Physics Research (NSCTPR-2014), Darrang College, Tezpur
- National workshop on “Possibilities on Electronics R & D and Applications in the North East: One Day Meet among the Stakeholders” Tezpur University, Tezpur (INDIA), January, 2011.
- National workshop on “Advances in photonic, electronic and communication systems-2012” Tezpur University, Tezpur (INDIA), January, 2012.
- Workshop on RF and Microwave technology, March, 2014, Tezpur University
- Workshop on Introductory Astronomy and Astrophysics (WIAA – 2015), March, 2015, J B College, Jorhat
- Workshop on Astronomical data analysis, March, 2016, J B College, Jorhat
DIMPLE JYOTI MAHANTA, ASSISTANT PROFESSOR OF MATHEMATICS PUBLICATIONS
Dimpal Jyoti Mahanta & Munindra Borah, Parameter Estimation of Weibull Growth Models in Forestry, International Journal of Mathematical Trends and Technology (IJMTT). 8(3), 2014, 157-163.
RESEARCH PUBLICATIONS IN REFERRED JOURNALS:
PAPERS PRESENTED IN INTERNATIONAL/ NATIONAL CONFERENCES/ SEMINARS:
- Munindra Borah & Dimpal Jyoti Mahanta, Rapid Parameter Estimation of Three Parameter Nonlinear Growth Models,International Journal of Mathematical Archive, 4(2), 2013, 274-282.
- Dimpal Jyoti Mahanta & Munindra Borah, Parameter Estimation of Weibull Growth Models in Forestry, International Journal of Mathematical Trends and Technology (IJMTT). 8(3), 2014, 157-163.
- Dimpal Jyoti Mahanta, Munindra Borah & Pallabi Saikia, A Study on Kinetic Models for Analysing the Bacterial Growth Rate, American International Journal of Research in Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics, 8(1), September-November, 2014, 68-72.
- “Fitting of Certain Growth Models and its Applications in Forestry Research” presented at the International Conference on Recent Advances in Mathematical Statistics and Its Applications in Applied Sciences held at Department of statistics, Gauhati University during December 31, 2012 to January 2, 2013.
- “Forestry Implications of Certain Four Parameter Growth Models and Their Mathematical Properties” presented at National Seminar on Contemporary Issues of Mathematics and Statistics (NSCIMS), at Gargaon College, Sivasagar, Assam during 22nd and 23rd March, 2013.
- “Nonlinear Mathematical Models in Forest Growth” presented at the National Conference on Pure and Applied Mathematics, 2013, at Royal Group of Institutions, Guwahati, Assam during 9th - 10th May, 2013.
- “A Comparative Study on Bacterial Growth Rate Using Kinetic Models” presented at Recent Trends in Mathematics and its Applications (RTMA-2013), at Digboi College, Digboi, Assam during 7th and 8th October, 2013.
INVITED TALK / RESOURCE PERSON
- Resource Person in a workshop on “Discovering Life with Science” Organized by The Little Star Senior Secondary School, Digboi for students of class XII and teachers from 8th to 9th April, 2016.
- Delivered a series of three lectures in a ten days mathematical workshop at Moran H. S. School, Moran from 9th to 18th December 2015, Organised by Elite Coaching centre.
CONFERENCES/ WORKSHOP/ SCHOOL ATTENDED:
- Faculty Development Workshop titled “Teaching Methodology”, Kaziranga University, Conducted by Dr. J. S. Saini, 8th August, 2015.
- Faculty Development Workshop titled “Human Values and Professional Ethics”, Kaziranga University, Conducted by Dr. R. Subramanian, 10th September, 2014.
- One week Faculty Development Programme, Dept. Mathematical Sciences, Tezpur University, Sponsored by UGC-SAP, 12-18 December, 2014.
- Workshop on Probability, Dept. Mathematical Sciences, Tezpur University, January 02-10, 2014 Funded and Organized by Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata.
- Workshop on Analysis held at Tezpur University on January 03-09, 2012 organized by ISI, Kolkata and Tezpur University
ANSHUMAN BORTHAKUR, ASSISTANT PROFESSOR OF PHYSICS BOOK PUBLICATION
Tin Oxide & Indium-Tin Oxide Thin Films for Photovoltaic Application. Publisher: LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing, ISBN-13: 9783659458033
- “Structural, optical and electrical properties of tin oxide thin film deposited by APCVD method”, Indian J. Phys., Vol. 85, No. 4, pp 551-558 (2011).
- “Weibel Instability due to Ultra Intense Laser Plasma Interaction Relevant to Fusion”, IJBSS, 2(1), pp 107-111(2013).
- “Modeling of Binary Coulomb Collision in Plasma using Monte Carlo Method for Application in Pic Simulation”, IJBSS 2(3), 2013, 158-165
- “Optical and Structural Properties of CdS Thin Films Synthesized by CBD using Different Complexing Agents for Photovoltaic Application”, Journal of Basic and Applied Engineering Research, Vol. 2, Issue 20, pp 1765-1769(2015)
- Book titled “Tin Oxide & Indium-Tin Oxide Thin Films for Photovoltaic Application”, Lambert Academic Publishing ( ISBN- 978-3-659-45803-3)
Paper Presented in National/International Seminar
- *National Conference On Renewable Energy for Development of Underdeveloped Areas with Particular Reference to North-East India, organized by Department of Energy, Tezpur University, Tezpur-784028, Assam.
- *25 th National Symposium on Plasma Science & Technology, organized by IASST, Guwahati, Assam.
- *26 th National Symposium on Plasma Science & Technology, organized by BIT, Patna, Bihar.
- *One Day UGC-SAP National Seminar on New Frontiers in Physics, organized by Department of Physics, Gauhati University, Guwahati, Assam.
- *International Conference On Complex Processes In Plasmas And Nonlinear Dynamical Systems (ICCPPNDS-2012) organized by Institute for Plasma Research, Gandhinagar, Gujrat, India.
- *27 th National Symposium on Plasma Science & Technology, organized by Pondicherry University, Puducherry.
- *Research in Physics 2012 & The role of IPR, organized by Department of Physics, Tezpur University, Tezpur Assam.
- *International Conference On Electronic Devices, Circuits, Applied Electronics and Communication Technology (EDCAECT 2015) Organized by Department of Electronics and Communication Technology, Gauhati University and Krishi Sanskriti, New Delhi, India.
National/International Seminar/ Workshop/Symposium/ School attended
- Workshop on Recent Trends In Astronomy And Astrophysics, organized by Department of Physics, Tezpur University, Tezpur-784028, Assam.
- Three Day School on Foundation of Plasma Physics and Technology for Young Researchers of North East India, organized by Department of Physics, Dibrugarh University, Dibrugarh-786004, Assam.
- National seminar on Photonics and Quantum Structures, organized by Department of Physics, Tezpur University, Tezpur-784028, Assam.
- Workshop on C-programming, organized by NECRD, IGNOU, Guwahati-781005, Assam.
- International Symposium On Waves, Coherent Structures & Turbulence In Plasmas, organized by Institute for Plasma Research, Gandhinagar, Gujrat, India.
- National workshop and Conference on Monte Carlo Simulation, organized by Madurai Kamraj University and University of Hyderabad, sponsored by DST, New Delhi at Madurai Kamraj University, Madurai.
- National Conference on Smart Nanostructures, organized by Department of Physics, Tezpur University, Tezpur Assam.
- 3rd DST-SERC School on “Plasma Waves and Instabilities” held at IASST, Boragaon, Guwahati, Assam.
- 4th SERC School on “Laser Produced Plasmas: Physics and Applications” held at RRCAT, Indore, MP.
- Workshop on Introductory Astronomy and Astrophysics organized by Department of Physics, JB College, Jorhat
- IUCAA sponsored Workshop on Astronomical Data Analysis organized by Department of Physics, JB College, Jorhat
- CPP-IPR Silver Jubilee Symposium held at Don Bosco Institute, Kharghuli, Guwahati, Assam -781004.
Faculty Development Program/Workshop
- Participated in a Faculty Development Workshop titled “Human Values and Professional Ethics” organized by Kaziranga University.
- Participated in a faculty Development Workshop titled “Teaching Methodology” organized by Kaziranga University.
- Participated in a Faculty Development Program titled “Business Simulations” organized by International Business Simulation, Germany and The Assam Kaziranga University, Jorhat.
DR.JYOTIRMOY SARMA, ASSISTANT PROFESSOR OF CHEMISTRY
- Six (6) papers published in peer reviewed journals like Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, Colloid and Surfaces A, Journal of Environmental Chemical Engineering and Science and Culture.
- Ten (10) papers in various International and National conferences.
- Adsorption and Surface Chemistry (Experimental study and Theoretical modelling), Processing of Ores and Minerals.
Detailed Publication list:
Lists of Publications
Research papers in Journals
- Jyotirmoy Sarma and Sekh Mahiuddin Specific ion effect on the point of zero charge of α-alumina and on the adsorption of 3,4-dihydroxybenzoic acid onto α-alumina surface Colloids Surf. A: Physicochem. Eng. Aspects 2014, 457, 419-424.
- Jyotirmoy Sarma and Sekh Mahiuddin Comparative adsorption involving ortho- and para- hydroxybenzoic acids in mixed-adsorbate mode onto α-alumina surface: Effect of molecular structure J. Environ. Chem. Eng. 2014, 2, 90-99.
- Nabanita Saikia, Jyotirmoy Sarma, Jayanta M. Borah and Sekh Mahiuddin Adsorption of 3,4-dihydroxybenzoic acid onto hematite surface in aqueous medium: Importance of position of phenolic –OH groups and understanding of the same using catechol as an auxiliary model J. Colloid Interface Sci. 2013, 398, 227-233.
- Jayanta M. Borah, Jyotirmoy Sarma, Sekh Mahiuddin Influence of functional groups on the adsorption behaviour of substituted - benzoic acids at the α-alumina/water interface Colloid surf. A: 2011, 375, 42-49.
- Jayanta M. Borah, Jyotirmoy Sarma, Sekh Mahiuddin Adsorption comparison at the α-alumina/water interface: 3,4-Dihydroxybenzoic acid vs. catechol Colloid surf. A: 2011, 387, 50-56.
- Jyotirmoy Sarma, Sanchayita Rajkhowa, Namrata Sarma and Sekh mahiuddin Beneficiation of Indian iron ore slime and fines: Effect of surface-active agent and specific ion effects Sci. Cult. 2011, 77, 486-491.
- Jyotirmoy Sarma and Sekh Mahiuddin Study of the adsorption process of substituted benzoic acids onto α-alumina surface in mixed-adsorbate mode: 2,4-dihydroxybenzoic acid, 2,6-dihydroxybenzoic acid and 1,2,4-benzenetricarboxylic acid.(Communicated 2016).
Research Papers in National and International Seminar/Conference Proceedings
- Jyotirmoy Sarma and Sekh Mahiuddin Ion specificity on the surface charge of α-Al2O3 and on the adsorption of 3,4-dihydroxybenzoic acid onto α-Al2O3 surface Procd. MRSI North-East symposium on ‘Advanced materials for sustainable applications’, February 18-21, 2016, CSIR-NEIST, Jorhat, Assam.
- Jyotirmoy Sarma and Sekh Mahiuddin Iron ore slime suspension in presence of surface-active agent and characterization of the produced dispersed phase. Procd. CDCS, National Symposium in Chemistry, November 23-24, 2015, Tezpur University, Tezpur, Assam.
- Jyotirmoy Sarma and Sekh Mahiuddin Competitive vs. co-operative adsorption in mixed-adsorbate mode: 2,4- and 2,6-dihydroxybenzoic and 1,2,4-benzenetricarboxylic acids. Procd. 8th Mid-Year CRSI National Symposium in Chemistry, July 10-12, 2014, CSIR-NEIST, Jorhat, Assam, abstract ID: 28076.
- Jyotirmoy Sarma and Sekh Mahiuddin Adsorption of 3,4-dihydroxybenzoic acid onto metal oxide surface and the specific ion effects Procd. International Conference on Chemistry Frontiers & Challenges, ICCFC-13, March 2-3, 2013, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh, paper ID: 148, p.
- Jyotirmoy Sarma and Sekh Mahiuddin Adsorption of 2,4- and 2,6-dihydroxybenzoic acids onto α-alumina surface from the mixture in aqueous medium Procd. National Seminar on Advances in Chemical Sciences (ACS-2013), March 1-2, 2013, M.D. University, Rohtak, India, OP-1.
- Jyotirmoy Sarma , Namrata Sarma and Sekh Mahiuddin Flocculation studies of iron ore tailings using saline water. Procd. International Mineral Processing Congress (IMPC-2012), September 24-28, New-Delhi, India, 2012, Paper no. 382.
- Jyotirmoy Sarma, Jayanta M Borah, Manash R Das and Sekh Mahiuddin Competitive adsorption of well defined components of NOM onto α-alumina surface in aqueous medium Procd. National Seminar on Membranes, Microemulsions and Self-Assembled Systems (MMSAS-2010), September 28-30, 2010, SMU, Sikkim, OP-15, p. 60.
- Manash R. Das, Jyotirmoy Sarma, Namrata sarma and Sekh Mahiuddin Characterization and ion specificity of the iron ore beneficiation waste. Procd. Int. Seminar on Miner. Proc. Technol. (MPT-2010), NML, Jamshedpur, December, 2010, P. 273.
- Namrata Sarma, Jyotirmoy Sarma and Sekh Mahiuddin Dispersion of gangue minerals from iron ore slime using surface active agent Procd. National Seminar on Recent Advances in Chemical Sciences, Dibrugarh University, Dibrugarh, March 26-27, 2009, P.18.
- Nabanita Saikia, Jayanta M Borah, Namrata Sarma, Jyotirmoy Sarma, Manash R Das and Sekh Mahiuddin Interaction of natural organic matter analogues with the hematite surfaces under different chemical environments Procd. Int. Seminar on Miner. Proc. Technol. (MPT-2009), IMMT, Bhubaneswar, October 28-30, 2009, P.123.
- MATLAB -2015 organized by The Assam Kaziranga University jointly with Multisoft.
- IICB -2016 organized by The Assam Kaziranga University jointly with IETF.
DR PRASANTA JYOTI GOUTAM, DEPARTMENT OF CHEMISTRY
- Selective detection of resorcinol using a bis(benzothiazol-2-yl)pyridine based ditopic receptor, Prasanta Jyoti Goutam and Parameswar Krishnana Iyer Sensors and Actuators: B Chemical 2015, 211, 263.
- Photo stability enhancement of Poly(3-hexylthiophene)-PCBM nanocomposites by addition of multi walled carbon nanotubes under ambient conditions Radhakrishna Ratha, Prasanta J. Goutam, Parameswar K. Iyer Organic Electronics, 2014,15, 1650.
- Thiourea recognition by 2,6-bis(2-benzimidazolyl)pyridine: Insights from spectroscopic and DFT studies. Bolin Chetia, Prasanta J Goutam, Francis A. S. Chipem and Parameswar K. Iyer J. Mol. Str 2013, 1042, 32.
- Photoluminescence quenching of Poly(3-hexylthiophene) by carbon nanotubes. Prasanta J. Goutam, Dilip K. Singh and Parameswar K. Iyer J. Phys. Chem. C 2012, 116, 8196.
- Enhancing the Photostability of Poly(3-hexylthiophene) by Preparing Composites with Multiwalled Carbon Nanotubes. Prasanta J. Goutam, Dilip K. Singh, Pravat K. Giri, and Parameswar K. Iyer J. Phys. Chem. B 2011, 115, 919.
- Mechanistic investigation, kinetic modeling and analysis parameters of poly-3-hexylthiophene degradation to fullerenes. P. Karthik Reddy, Prasanta J. Goutam, Dilip K. Singh, Aloke K. Ghoshal, Parameswar K. Iyer. Polym. Degrad. Stab 2009, 94, 1839.
- Dispersion and Upgradation of Limestone from New Umrangshu, Assam, India, Bhaskar J. Sarmah, Pranjal Saikia', Prasanta J. Goutam, Pinaki Sengupta, Sekh Mahiuddin, Pradip C. Saikia and Prakash C. Borthakur Proceedings of the International Seminar on Mineral Processing Technology 2006, 436 .
- Photostability of Poly-(3-hexylthiophene)-Multiwalled Carbon Nanotube Nanocomposites, Prasanta J. Goutam, Dilip K. Singh, Pravat K. Giri, and Parameswar K. Iyer, Electroactive Polymers: Materials and Devices, Vol III, Macmillan, 2009 (ISBN 13: 978-0230-638)
Conferences where research works presented Abroad
- Participated and presented in “Polychar18, World Forum for Advanced Materials” held at Seigen, Germany (April 2010)
- Participated and presented in “Third International Conference on Electro Active Polymers, Materials and Devices” held at Jaipur (Oct 2008).
- Participated and presented in “International Conference on Nano Science And Technology” held at IIT Bombay (Feb 2010).
- Participated and presented in Advances in Chemical Sciences held at IIT Guwahati (January 2012).
- Participated and presented on National Seminar on Chemistry Education and Research and National
Convection of Chemistry Teachers 2012 (December 2012).
- Participated and presented on Contemporary developments in Chemical Sciences 2015 (November 2015)
- Research work presented in the International Conference on nanomaterials and Nanotechnology, NANO-15, Tamil Nadu, India.
- Got invitation for an oral presentation at 23rd IUPAC Conference on Physical Organic Chemistry (ICPOC23) on 3rd - 8th July 2016 in University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia.