This website: www.kazirangauniversity.in/shop (“Website”) is owned and operated by The Assam Kaziranga University (“eShop”). Through the Website, the eShop provides users with allows users to access information, in the form of updates and notifications, in relation to the products owned and maintained by the user (“Services”). This document is an electronic record in terms of Information Technology Act, 2000 and rules there under as applicable and the amended provisions pertaining to electronic records in various statutes as amended by the Information Technology Act, 2000.
The terms ‘eShop’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refer to the owners of this Website. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our Website.
ACCESSING, BROWSING, DOWNLOADING THE COMPANY’S WEBSITE FROM ANY ONLINE STORE/SOURCE OR OTHERWISE USING THE WEBSITE INDICATES YOUR AGREEMENT TO ALL THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS IN THESE TERMS, AS MODIFIED FROM TIME TO TIME. THEREFORE, PLEASE READ THESE TERMS CAREFULLY BEFORE PROCEEDING.
You will be eligible to use the Services on the Website only if you are competent to contract under the Indian Contract Act, 1872. A person is competent to contract under the Indian Contract Act, 1872, if he/she is above eighteen (18) years of age, is of a sound mind and is not disqualified from contracting by any law to which he/she is subject.
- Nature of Services
The eShop provides students, alumni and employees of the University with the option to purchase official University merchandise.
- Website ContentThis Website and the Services are owned and operated by the eShop. All materials, including all illustrations, statements, photographs, products, images, artwork, designs, text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio and video clips and software (collectively, “Content”) are protected by copyrights, trademarks and other intellectual property rights that are owned by us or by other parties that have licensed their material to us. Except for the limited license granted to you, all Content on the Website is solely for your personal, non-commercial use. You must not copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit, create derivative works or distribute such Content in any way, including by e-mail or other electronic means and whether directly or indirectly and you must not assist any other person to do so. Without the prior written consent of the eShop, modification of the Content, use of the Content on any other web site or networked computer environment or use of the Content for any purpose other than personal, non-commercial use is a violation of the copyrights, trademarks and other proprietary rights, and is prohibited. Any use for which you receive any remuneration, whether in money or otherwise, is a commercial use for the purposes of this clause.
- Warranty and Liability Disclaimer
- This Website will be constantly available, or available at all; or
- The information on this Website is complete, true, accurate or not misleading.
The eShop, to the fullest extent permitted by law, disclaims all warranties, whether express or implied, including the warranty of fitness for particular purpose and non-infringement. The eShop makes no warranties about the accuracy, reliability, completeness, or timeliness of the content, services, software, text, graphics and links.
The eShop does not warrant that this Website; information, content, materials, or Services included on or otherwise made available to you through this Website; the servers hosting the Website; or electronic communication sent from the eShop are free of viruses or other harmful components. The eShop utilises safeguards and industry best practices to protect the Website from hackers, sniffers and malicious modification tools, however, it does not warrant that the Website or the Services shall be completely safe from such attacks at any period of time. You acknowledge and agree that the eShop cannot and does not pre-screen or approve any information or advertisements provided by a third party that is or may be available through the Website (“Third Party Information”), but that the eShop has the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to refuse, delete or move any Third Party Information that is or may be available through the Website, for violating these Terms and such violation being brought to eShop’s knowledge or for any other reason or no reason at all.
Nothing on this Website constitutes, or is meant to constitute, advice of any kind.
- Third Party LinksPlease note that this Website and certain information delivered to you as part of the Services may contain links provided by third parties. Any website, information or services accessed by or as a result of following such third party links is at your sole risk. The content viewed through any third party links is not endorsed in any manner by the eShop. The eShop shall not be responsible for or liable in any manner whatsoever for the content provided by such third party links. Further, the accuracy of the content provided through third party links has not been verified by the eShop and we provide no warranties with respect to the same. Any information collected on websites visited through such third party links is subject to the privacy policies of such third party websites.
- Accuracy of InformationThe information presented on this Website has been compiled by the eShop in good faith. The information presented by the third party service providers on the Website is compiled by such third parties in good faith, and the eShop is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or completeness of such content. The eShop hereby specifically disclaims any and all liability for any deficiency in the products or services offered by the third parties through the Website.The Website, the advertising content and any information related to your user account, despite the best efforts of the eShop or third parties, may contain inaccuracies or typographical errors. The eShop makes no representations about the accuracy, reliability, completeness, or timelines of the Website or any other information provided to the user. The use of the Website and the eShop’s Services is at your own risk. The eShop reserves the right to make changes to the Content, and information on this Website, or to the Services described therein, or update such information at any time without notice, but the eShop makes no commitment to correct or update this information. If you seek to rely on any representation of information contained on this Website, any such reliance shall be at your own risk.
- Limitation of LiabilityTo the extent not prohibited by law, in no event shall the eShop or its affiliates, advertising content providers or third party service providers be liable for any loss or damage of any kind, whether direct, indirect, incidental, special, exemplary or consequential, including, without limitation, damages for loss of profits, loss of data, business interruption or any other commercial damages or losses, arising out of or related to your use or inability to use the Services, however caused, regardless of the theory of liability (contract, tort or otherwise) and even if the eShop or its affiliates, advertising content providers or third party service providers have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
- IndemnificationYou represent, warrant and covenant (a) that you will fulfil your obligations hereunder these Terms in good faith; (b) that no materials of any kind provided by you will (i) violate, plagiarize, or infringe upon the rights of any third party, including copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary rights; or (ii) contain defamatory or otherwise unlawful material; and (c) you hereby indemnify, defend and hold harmless the eShop and all of the eShop’s officers, directors, owners, agents, information providers, affiliates, licensors, licensees and third party service providers (collectively, the “Indemnified Parties“) from and against any and all liability and costs, including, without limitation, reasonable legal fees, incurred by the Indemnified Parties in connection with any claim arising out of any breach by you of these Terms or the foregoing representations, warranties and covenants. You shall cooperate as fully as reasonably required in the defense of any such claim. The eShop reserves the right, at its own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter subject to indemnification by you.
- Infringement of Copyright
In good faith, if you have reason to believe that any work copyrighted by you has been reproduced, embedded, or linked without any authorization on this Website, in a manner that constitutes an infringement of your copyright under Indian law, please compile the following information and email to: email@example.com
- A clear identification of the copyrighted work allegedly infringed;
- A clear identification of the allegedly infringing material on the Website (with specific URL reference);
- Your contact details: name, address, e-mail address and phone number;
- A statement that you believe, in good faith, that the use of the copyrighted material allegedly infringed on the Website is not authorized by your agent or the law;
- A statement that the information provided in the notice is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the signatory is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive copyright right that is allegedly infringed;
- Your signature or a signature of your authorized agent.
- AssignmentYou may not assign your rights and obligations under these Terms without the prior written consent of the eShop. The eShop may assign its rights and obligations to a third party upon issuing written notification via an announcement on the Website.