Mathematical Modelling, Method of Estimation, Iteration Method.
Research Publications in Referred Journals: (Total: 08)
Few Selected Publications:
- A Study on the Height Growth of Different Eucalyptus Species in India, The Journal of Analysis, Springer, ISSN 0971-3611, DOI 10.1007/s41478-018-0125-2, 2018, 1-18. (With P. Saikia and A. Chetia)
- An Approach to Estimate the Parameters of Von Bertalanffy Growth Model, Indian Forester, 144(1), 2018, 41-53. (With M. Borah)
- A Comparative Study of Chapman Richards Growth Model and It’s Limiting Cases for Growth of Babul (Acacia Nilotica) Trees in India, Indian Journal of Plant Sciences, 6(2), 2017, 37-51. (With M. Borah)
- A Comparative Study of Nonlinear Growth Models on Teak (Tectona Grandis) in India, Journal of Plant Science and Research, 4(1), 2017, 11-21. (With M. Borah)
- A Study on Kinetic Models for Analysing the Bacterial Growth Rate, American International Journal of Research in Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics, 8(1), 2014, 68-72. (With M. Borah and P. Saikia)
Papers presented in international/ national conferences/ seminars:
- “A Study on the Height Growth of Different Eucalyptus Species in India”, presented at International Conference on applied analysis, Mathematical Modelling and Computing Techniques, The Gandhigram Rural Institute, Tamil Nadu during 15th to 17th March, 2018.
- “A comparative study of nonlinear growth models on DBH of different Eucalyptus species in India” presented at 3rd International conference on Science, Technology & Management, Pune during 5th November, 2017.
- “Fitting of Certain Growth Models and its Applications in Forestry Research” presented at the International Conference on Recent Advances in Mathematical Statistics and Its Applications in Applied Sciences held at Department of statistics, Gauhati University during December 31, 2012 to January 2, 2013.
- “Forestry Implications of Certain Four Parameter Growth Models and Their Mathematical Properties” presented at National Seminar on Contemporary Issues of Mathematics and Statistics (NSCIMS), at Gargaon College, Sivasagar, Assam during 22nd and 23rd March, 2013.
- “Nonlinear Mathematical Models in Forest Growth” presented at the National Conference on Pure And Applied Mathematics, 2013, at Royal Group of Institutions, Guwahati, Assam during 9th - 10th May, 2013.
- “A Comparative Study on Bacterial Growth Rate Using Kinetic Models” presented at recent trends in mathematics and its applications (RTMA-2013), at Digboi College, Digboi, Assam during 7th and 8th October, 2013.
- “A comparative study of nonlinear growth models on DBH of different Eucalyptus species in India”, In Kumar S. and Agarwal K., Editors, Proceedings of 3rd International conference on Science, Technology & Management, Pune, 597-612, Academic Science, 2017, ISBN: 978-81-934083-9-4. (With P. Saikia and R Borah)
- “A study on mathematical model for cancer population growth”, In Sharma C. M. and Goswami P., Editors, Co-production of sciece and social order, Nowgong College, 2018, ISBN: 9-788192-406671. (With Saikia P. and Bora B)
- “A study on rice production of assam using schnute growth model with three parameters”, In Sharma C. M. and Goswami P., Editors, Co-production of sciece and social order, Nowgong College, 2018, ISBN: 9-788192-406671. (With Saikia P. and Borah B)
- “A study on the production of tea in assam and india using schnute growth model”, In Sharma C. M. and Goswami P., Editors, Co-production of sciece and social order, Nowgong College, 2018, ISBN: 9-788192-406671. (With Saikia P. and Baruah D. S.)
Invited Talk / Resource Person
- Resource Person in a workshop on “Fundamental Mathematics” Organised by Mulagabharu High School, Moran on 16th March 2019.
- Delivered a series of three lectures in a ten days mathematical workshop at Moran H. S. School, Moran from 9th to 18th December 2015, Organised by Elite Coaching centre.
- Resource Person in a two days’ workshop on “Discovering Life with Science” Organised by The Little Star Senior Secondary School, Digboi for students of class XII and teachers from 8th to 9th April, 2016.
- Resource Person in a seven days’ workshop on Mathematics at Moran Mahila Mahavidyalaya, Moran from 12th to 18th December 2016, Organised by Elite Coaching centre.
Conferences/ Workshop/ School attended:
- Teacher’s Enrichment Course in Undergraduate Mathematics Curriculum, Department of Mathematics, Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati, Guwahati, 07-12 January, 2019.
- Workshop on Fundamentals of Computational Chemistry, Department of Chemistry, Kaziranga University, 27th March, 2018.
- Faculty Development Workshop titled “Teaching Methodology”, Kaziranga University, Conducted by Dr. J. S. Saini, 8th August, 2015.
- Faculty Development Workshop titled “Human Values and Professional Ethics”, Kaziranga University, Conducted by Dr. R. Subramanian, 10th September, 2014.
- One week Faculty Development Programme, Dept. Mathematical Sciences, Tezpur University, Sponsored by UGC-SAP, 12-18 December, 2014.
- Workshop on Probability, Dept. Mathematical Sciences, Tezpur University, January 02-10, 2014 Funded and Organized by Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata.
- Workshop on Analysis held at Tezpur University on January 03-09, 2012 organized by ISI, Kolkata and Tezpur University.
Conferences/ Workshop/ School organized:
- Organizer, Workshop on Fundamental Mathematics, Department of Mathematics, The Assam Kaziranga University, 27th March, 2018.
MSc. / Int. MSc. Project Guided
- Abhijit Chetia, MSc, 2016-2017, Title: A Brief Study on the Height Growth of Different Eucalyptus species in India by Using Nonlinear Growth Models.
- Manash Protim Borah, MSc, 2016-2017, Title: A Comparative Study of Nonlinear Growth Models on DBH Growth of Different Eucalyptus Species in India.
- Bhaskar Borah, MSc, 2017-2018, Title: A Brief Study of Rice Production in Assam using Schnute Growth Model and its Limiting Forms.
- Rajashree Borah, MSc, 2017-2018, Title: A Brief Study of Amount of Annual Rainfall in Assam Using Schnute Model and its Limiting Cases.
- Suman Dutta Baruah, MSc, 2017-2018, Title: A study on the production of tea in Assam using the Schnute growth model and its various limiting cases.
- Luminous Gogoi, MSc, 2017-2018, Title: Brief study on Schnute growth model.
- Harshajyoti Das, Pursuing Int. MSc, 2017-2018, Title: Solving Biological models using Iterative Methods. (Jointly guiding with Dr B. K. Dutta)
- Priyanka Beria, Pursuing MSc, 2018-2019. (Pursuing)
- Editorial Board member for International Journal of Mathematics Trends and Technology.
- Reviewer for Academic Journals.
- Reviewer for Journal Annals of Reviews & Research.
- Reviewer for JOJ Sciences (JOJS).
- NCC ‘B’ and ‘C’ Certificate